THE NATIONAL FIELD SELLING ASSOCIATION
The National Field Selling Association (NFSA) is a trade association that was founded in 1987 to represent the door to door sales and the direct sales industry. The NFSA business is conducted by elected, voluntary officers, and directors who establish and maintain the NFSA goals and objectives.
Association members are committed to fundamental fairness in the treatment of all persons involved in the distribution and sale of their products and services. Door-to-door, direct selling is a people business it involves person-to-person contact at all levels. Courtesy and respect must always be present in dealing with others – from the newest employee or independent contractor, to the ultimate purchaser. Customer satisfaction and pride in self-achievement is the foundation of American business and our industry is no different.
As a condition of membership, each member company agrees to comply with the NFSA Code of Ethics, and to conduct business in conformity with the spirit of the standards embodied in the Code. This means that consumer complaints must be processed and handled promptly to insure customer confidence. Code complaints must be investigated and resolved in a timely manner in order to maintain a high standard of ethics among industry members.
- Uphold the honor and dignity of the direct selling profession and the free enterprise system.
- Encourage the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.Inspire professional excellence through training and education.
- Inspire professional excellence through training and education.
- Further the rule of law and promote respect for the rights of others.
- Champion the cause of those who need and deserve assistance.
- Advance the public good by encouraging strong standards of professional courtesy.
- Seek ways to improve the image and public perception of direct selling.
- Support and encourage the entrepreneurial spirit of small business ownership and individual opportunities to earn economic independence.